Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blue and White Game


The annual spring game took place this past Saturday.My teammates and I had been looking forward to this game all spring. we said we were going all out I put on my wrist bands leg bands tape upped my ankles and finally I turned my swagg on and was ready to go. But i wasn't the only it seem like the whole team had a little something extra on that warm Saturday afternoon.
The stadium was not packed however it was definitely a good turn out at our spring game. The blue team pulled the victory in an epic overtime battle between the two teams. The game also included highlighted performances by Shawn Leonard and Chris Paul-Etienne of the blue team and also on the white team there was outstanding performances by Ryan Lawrence, me (pictured to the left) and the defense as a whole did great jobs.
At the end of the game the most improve award was given out to one offensive and defensive player. On defense Jarrod Williams earned it and on the offensive side Mike Gross received the award.
Spring ball has come to an end however our journey to become a championship team is still in progress. I feel like there are more hungry players on this Rhode Island team then there has been in a long time. This is big because when comes to football you have to put your heart into it if not you will not have the will to keep playing when your down 6. But I hope this mentality carries over into the summer. While most of us stay here on campus

No comments:

Post a Comment